- ViS featured in TEDMED blog: Building a Global Research Superhighway
- Press Release: ACRES Launches Global Stakeholder Consultation on Clinical Research Site Excellence With ViS and Essex Management
- inVentiv Health Highlights ViS at SCOPE Event in Miami
- Applied Clinical Trials features ViS/inventiv collaboration under the title “Analysis Shows Feasibility Studies Could be Conducted in Half the Time”
- inVentiv Health Leverages ViS’ Advanced Digital Technology to Slash the Time Required to Conduct Feasibility Studies
- Clinical Leader features ViS/inVentiv collaboration under the title: “Bring Down the Cost of Clinical Trials with Improved Site Selection”
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers and BIO President and CEO James C. Greenwood present collaboration at Partnering for Cures conference
- Press Release: iCTRS partners with ViS to revolutionize clinical trial site feasibility assessment
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers speaks at Global Clinical Trials and Disruptive Innovations conferences
- Press Release: ViS and HealthCarePoint collaborate with ACRES in launch of Global Clinical Research Network Technology Platform
- Press Release: HealthCarePoint and ViS Research streamline sharing of qualifications by medical researchers.
- A Folha de São Paulo features ViS Research
- Outsourcing-pharma.com features ViS and BRANY partnership in article on improving the feasibility process
- Press Release: BRANY and ViS Research Partnership to Streamline Feasibility Assessment for Clinical Trials
- Press Release: AAHRPP and ViS Research Institute Collaborate to Protect Research Participants, Advance Quality Research
- ViS Research featured in eCliniqua article on Insightful Site Selection: Tools of the Trade
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers speaks at CenterWatch iiBig Conference
- BIO and ViS announce partnership agreement to streamline pediatric research
- Press Release: ViS selected to present at TEDMED 2013
- ViS selected as one of 48 innovators to be part of The Hive at TEDMED 2013
- ViS featured in Valor Econômico
- IFAPP World publishes in-depth review of ViS
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers speaks at Bio IT World conference
- Location Scoring launched: a completely new feature in clinical research
- Location Profiles enhance ViS analytics
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers speaks at MAGI’s Clinical Research Conference
- ViS presents at Life Sciences & Healthcare Venture Summit 2013 as one of the 50 Top Innovators
- PPH plus, ViS’ partner in Germany, exhibits at the 29th Annual DGPharMed Conference in Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Gustavo Kesselring speaks at DIA’s 25th Annual EuroMeeting
- Team in India grows
- Marc Wilenzick joins ViS
- ViS CEO Dr. Fabio Thiers joins Harvard's MRCT Steering Committee
- ViS presents at New England Venture Capital Forum in December, 2012, as one of the 50 Top Innovators
- Dr. Gustavo Kesselring elected President of IFAPP, and receives the 2013 DIA Outstanding Service Award
- Dr. Gustavo Kesselring chairs session at International Conference on Pharmaceutical Medicine
Press Release: ViS selected to present at TEDMED 2013
Washington D.C., April 16, 2013. TEDMED's Hive brings together medical innovators who are most likely to impact the future of human health. ViS was selected based on the way it tackles fundamental issues in medical innovation with collaborative approaches.
Medical innovation relies on clinical research to bring new therapies to patients, but unfortunately, clinical trials have become prohibitively expensive and slow. Today, developing a drug can cost over $1 billion and a single clinical trial can cost more than $100 million. Proper planning of clinical trials is key to the success and efficient use of R&D investments so that new therapies can reach patients.
A key problem in today's clinical research is that trial planners do not have proper analytics about research centers and locations where they operate. Information available is often inaccurate, outdated, or simply non-existent. To find the right centers, across more than 400,000 research centers worldwide, trial planners send out feasibility questionnaires that are often never filled out or returned. There are well over 29,000 clinical trials currently recruiting patients, while only a small percentage of these trials will enroll the minimum number of patients needed for the trial to finish on time. In fact, 50-60% of research sites enroll less than 2 patients in their studies*; about 80% of clinical trials are delayed because of unfulfilled enrollment**; and $10B/year is wasted because of poor site selection.
ViS brings an interactive navigation system to this clinical research universe, so that trial planners can quickly match their needs with the disease-specific capabilities of individual research centers. They can quickly and efficiently evaluate all the relevant disease-specific analytics (such as local patient population, research activity, infrastructure, personnel, timelines, etc.) from the country level through state, city, postal code, all the way down to what is inside the research center facilities.
This information continuum is made possible by ViS’ pioneering approach. ViS experts generate analytics relevant to the locations where centers operate, through sophisticated algorithms and semantic technologies. The resulting analytics are validated by local experts and integrated with crowd-sourced input from clinical research centers through ViS’ social network, where centers upload their disease-specific profiles.
ViS' collaborative analytics approach integrates large amounts of data to provide up-to-date analytics, while enabling research centers to securely and efficiently showcase their disease-specific capabilities to trial planners. The savings resulting from quick access to better analytics at accessible prices and the efficient communication enabled by ViS' visualization-based social network will likely reduce the waste in today's global clinical research by 10-15%.
ViS founder and CEO Fabio Thiers, MD, PhD, a Harvard/MIT physician-scientist and pioneer in clinical research analytics, points out that “as a result, the overall process becomes much more cost-efficient. Trial planners benefit from a cheaper and better center selection process; research centers gain global exposure, using much less time and resources; and we all benefit from the accelerated development of much needed medicines.” About: The ViS Research Institute was created as a global enterprise in 2010. Its interdisciplinary team interconnects traditional and emerging markets through regional hubs in New York City, São Paulo, Mumbai, and Frankfurt am Main.
TEDMED and The Hive take place from April 16-19 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, D.C.
For press enquiries, please contact: James Rosenstein, Head of Global Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 917 715 2820. For more information, visit our website: www.visresearch.com
* Pierre, "Recruitment and Retention", 2006; **Lamberti, "State of Clinical Trials Industry", 292; http://www.ciscrp.org/professional/facts_pat.html